Monday, April 28, 2014

Wine, Cheese & Lacquer Please....

Today's post is a little DIY with a little bit of effortless entertaining.  I found this fun bamboo piece from a little shop in Irondale and immediately knew I had to get it!

Here is this little gem before I spruced it up a bit...

Bamboo Table in Store 
Bamboo Table | Before
This piece actually wasn't in too terrible of shape if you are looking for that shabby-chic look.  I actually really liked the turquoise hue, but it just wasn't the right fit for my purposes.  This piece was actually constructed of true bamboo which I found was an EXCELLENT feature.

I decided I wanted to lacquer this piece to create a sleek 
+ timeless look.  Thank goodness I found the essentials from Amy Howard at Home!

The best thing of all is that Amy Howard takes your step by step on how to refinish your thrifty find....

Furniture Lacquer Spray Paint here

Step 1 :: Sand

After Lightly Sanding
Step 2 :: Prime

Primed
Step 3 :: Lacquer

Coat #1 :: La Grange
Coat #2 :: La Grange
Final Coat in La Grange + Acrylic Tops
I wanted to add that extra bit of sheen, so I opted for a pair of  acrylic table tops....just to be warned, Home Depot and Lowes will NOT cut the acrylic for you.  I ended up using a table saw to cut mine to size, so another option would be to have true glass tops cut to size...probably just as cost effective.

Now that we have a lovely lacquered piece in record time, it is ready for entertaining!

Finished Lacquered Piece
Another way to effortlessly entertain...I grabbed a fresh tomato from my produce bowl and sliced it, pairing it with a few gourmet crackers I had in the pantry with a generous helping of "Palmetto Cheese" (found at your nearest Publix or Costco).  To wash it all down, I used a Savignon Blanc...Cupcake is actually pretty nice to fit within a tight budget :)

Fresh cut flowers from whatever is blooming in your yard, in my case azaleas, adds a finishing touch to make you the perfect host or hostess for unexpected, or expected guests!


Fresh Cut Azaleas

I hope you enjoyed today's post!! It's effortlessly easy and will be the talk of the town at your next soiree!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please share you thoughts.