Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bootlegging...


So you may think today's post includes a secret recipe for how to create some good ole Alabama Moonshine, but since there are now much more tasty options for creating your afternoon toddy, I figured I would share an oh so easy project for repurposing your bottles.....after they're empty of course!

With Spring in full force, it is time for the inevitable Spring Cleaning...I have a bittersweet relationship with Spring Cleaning - on one hand I typically do not care nor have the time to clean and reorganize all of the closets and spaces that have been neglected during the cold winter months, but on the other hand, this time of year gives me the chance to reorganize, refresh and get rid of things I no longer need or have been worn to the very last thread.

Today we will be focusing on storing all of those fabulous boots to make room for the sandal months ahead...

Do your boots look like this?


If they do, then I have the perfect solution....and it all starts with that empty wine bottle.


Make sure you have at least two empty bottles to start with - size or shape really doesn't matter.


I had some knitting yarn, which I used to wrap the tops of the bottles and make a loop at the top for easy pulling.  You don't have to use yarn, but I just thought it added a pop of color and softened the bottle a bit.


Drop the bottles in your boots, and you have yourself a pair of custom boot fillers!  Before this I was using plastic bags to hold the shape of my boots and make them stand upright which made a mess and wasn't very effective - now I have no mess and straight boots!  All ready to be stored until next Fall!


I also found when choosing which wine bottles to use in which boots that some bottles fit better in some style boots than others.....my short, fat bottles were a better fit for my moccasin boots while the tall, slim bottles were better for the cowboy boots and knee-high suede boots.

Also, if you aren't a wine drinker, then really any bottle will work for this project.....olive oil comes to mind....

Now get to organizing that closet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please share you thoughts.