Sunday, April 6, 2014

Effortless Floral Bouquet....


It's the start of April and Spring is on the verge of being in full bloom across the South.  One of the things I look most forward to this time of year is when the bushes and trees begin to blossom and I am able to create fresh floral arrangements from my very own yard.

I have included a few images of what's in bloom in my yard, and if you live in Alabama or one of the surrounding states, you are probably seeing the very same blossoms.

Camellia Bush
Loropetalum Chinense Shrub
Encore Azalea 
Dogwood
Other shrubs and trees you may see in bloom is Forsythia full of yellow blooms, Tulip Magnolias, Star Magnolias, and of course the Redbud.

Once you have the blooms you want to use to brighten your home, you must have a vessel for which to display them.....this is an item I left off of my bridal registry that I certainly regret.

Since I don't have a wide variety of vases I have had to become quite creative in how to display fresh cut flowers.

Variety of Floral Vessels
For my current arrangements, I have chosen to use my great-grandmothers hand painted, emerald green tea pot and a recently acquired candy dish.....one item that is a necessity to create an effortless floral arrangement is a frog {shown at the bottom}.

For my effortless floral bouquets I used a variety of blooms cut at different lengths to create a layered effect for my arrangement.

Effortless Floral Bouquets
Teapot Arrangement
Effortless Arrangement with Frog
Easter Table
Enjoy your the rest of your Sunday, and create an effortless arrangement to brighten your home this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please share you thoughts.